Top 20 Known Tyre Manufacturers around the GlobeJune 15, 2021
Top 30 Tyre Manufacturers GloballyJuly 13, 2021
Winter tires are made of a different rubber compound that provides extra grip to the vehicle. The main focus of winter tires is to improve the grip and reduce the vehicle speed and prevent it from slipping on snowy and icy roads. The traction is improved because it has deeper grooves and sharp irregular edges. The tread compound remains flexible in temperature below 7 Degrees.
Factors while driving in snowy conditions:
• Ensure both hands should be on the steering wheel.
• Slow down the vehicle on turning points.
• Use brakes only on a straight road.
• Use engine brakes while going downhill.
• Do not switch lanes in harsh weather conditions.
• In snowy conditions, you need to maintain distance eight times than usual because the vehicle can slip at any time.
Advantages of winter tyres:
• A special compound is used which does not harden the tire.
• Superior traction.
• Better braking ability.
• Hydroplane resistance.
• Snow maneuverability.
Some countries have laws that in winter seasons, cars with winter tires are only allowed on the road. As in Sweden law states a period in which winter tires are mandatory from December 1 – March 31. In Italy, winter tires are not generally mandatory but there are some roads with signs indicating that snow tires are compulsory.
According to the Michelin survey- many consumers believe that they do not require winter tires if they have four-wheel drive vehicle.This is not true four-wheel drive vehicles also require winter tires for safety concerns.
Infect snow tires are preferred to be used in the winter only because in long run it will cost more and it may also compromise the vehicle performance. Winter tires also perform great in rainy seasons.