Usage & Benefits of Winter TyresJune 22, 2021
Overview After the PandemicJuly 19, 2021
The renowned British tire magazine Tyrepress gave out ranking of top tire manufacturers recently in terms of the revenue. The tire industry has changed a lot after the pandemic but these manufacturers still managed to gain sales and survive the hit. Michelin had an amazing sale in the pandemic and after which resulted in finishing on the top of the list. While on the other hand Continental passed Goodyear and became third from the fourth position in terms of revenue. Furthermore the list continues below:
• Michelin: It was founded by two brothers, Édouard Michelin and André Michelin, who use to run a rubber factory in France in 1889. The French tire company has 117 plants in 26 countries currently. The company’s revenue is US$ 26.55 billion.
• Bridgestone: It was started by Shojiro Ishibashi in 1931 in Japan. Its revenue was US$ 28.15 billion in 2021.
• Continental AG: It was established on October 8, 1871, in Germany. The company has 13 manufacturing plants in 12 countries globally. The company’s revenue is US$ 45 billion.
• Goodyear Tire: It was founded by Frank Seiberling in 1898 in the USA. Goodyear has been in the tire industry for more than 100 years now. The company’s revenue is US$ 12.32 billion.
• Sumitomo Rubber Industries: It was founded by Masatomo Sumitomo in 1909 in Japan. The company’s revenue is US$ 7.93 billion.
• Hankook Tire: The founder was Cho Hong-Je from South Korea in 1968. The company’s revenue isUS$ 6.12 billion.
• Pirelli: It was founded by Giovanni Battista Pirelli in 1972 in Italy. Pirelli has 19 factories in 12 countries currently. The company’s revenue is US$ 5.13 billion.
• Yokohama Rubber Company: It came into existence in 1917 in Japan, Suekichi Nakagawa the first director for Yokohama. The company’s revenue is US$ 5.22 billion.
• Zhongce Rubber Group Co. Ltd: It was established in 1958 in China. The company is also known as ZC Rubber. The company’s revenue is US$ 4.6 billion.
• Maxxis Tires: It was founded by Luo Jye in 1967 in Taiwan. Their revenue is US$ 4 billion dollars currently.
• Toyo Tires: The Company was founded by RikimatsuTomihisa on August 1, 1945, in Osaka, Japan. The Company’s revenue was US$ 3.29 billion in 2020.
• Linglong Tire: It was founded in Zhaoyuan, Shandong. At that time Linglong was known as Zhaoyuan Tire Repair Factory before becoming Linglong in 1987. The revenue of the company was US$ 4986.74 million of sales only.
• Giti Tire: It is a Singaporean tire manufacturing company and it was founded in 1993. The company’s revenue in 2018 was US$ 3.2 billion.
• Cooper Tires: It was founded by John F. Schaefer Claude E. Hart in 1914 in the USA. The Company’s revenue was US$ 2.52 billion in 2020.
• Apollo Tyre: It is an Indian tire manufacturing company founded by Onkar Singh Kanwar in 1872. Their revenue is US$ 2.3 billion currently.
• Sailun Tires: It is a Chinese tire manufacturing company that was founded in Qingdao, China in 2002. Their revenue is US$ 297.28 million currently.
• MRF Tires: Its full name is Madras Rubber Factory. It is an Indian tire manufacturer founded by K. M. MammenMappillai in 1946. The company’s revenue is US$ 3.1 billion.
• Kumho Tyres: The Company was founded by Park In-chon in 1960 in South Korea. Their revenue was US$ 2.28 billion in 2018.
• Nokian Tyres: It was founded in 1988 in Finland. The tires provide a sporty look to the vehicle. The company’s revenue is US$ 1.89 billion.
• Nexen Tire: It was founded by Kang Byung-joong in 1942 in South Korea. The company’s revenue is US$ 1.79 billion.
• Double Coin: The Company’s parent organization is Shanghai Huayi (Group). Double coin is a Chinese tire manufacturer and was founded in 1992. Double coin’s revenue is US$ 542.83 million currently.
• Jk Tyres: It is an Indian tire manufacturer which was founded in 1951. The company’s revenue is US$ 1.26 billion.
• Triangle: It is a Chinese tire manufacturer which makes a variety range of tires. It was founded in China in 1976. The Company’s revenue is US$ 1.64 billion.
• Titan: The Company was founded by Morry Taylor in 1993 in the USA. The Company’s revenue is US$ 1,026.2 million.
• CEAT: The Company was founded by VirginioBruniTedeschi in Italy in 1958. Ceat’s headquarters are in India. The company’s revenue was recorded at US$ 890 million in 2018.
• Kenda: It is known as Kenda Rubber Industrial Company, it was founded in 1962 in Yuanlin. The Company’s revenue is US$ 1,125.3 million.
• Trelleborg: It was founded by Henry Dunker and Johan Kock in 1905. The Company’s last recorded revenue was US$ 3.9 billion in 2018.
• Gui Zhou Tyre: It is a Chinese tire manufacturer and is in the market since 1958. The Company’s revenue is US$ 131 million.
• Prinx Chengshan: The Company was founded in 1976 in Hong Kong. The Company’s revenue is US$ 121 million.
• Aeolus: It was founded as Henan tires in 1965. Aeolus started expanding in 2002 in the European market. It is owned by China National Chemical Corp, which is a state-owned company. The Company’s revenue is US$ 107.63 million.
Tires do more than moving the vehicle. It plays a vital role in the vehicle for safety, fuel average, suspension stiffness, and better driving experience. As there are many tire manufacturers in the market at the moment it could be very difficult while choosing the best tires for your vehicle. The list contains all the famous manufacturers from all over the globe based on company reputation, affordability, tire relatability, and tread life warranties.
The list above contains the Top 30 Manufacturers from all over the globe. All the manufacturers are ranked according to the performance of 2020. The data for the ranking is taken from a report of Tyrepress (https://bit.ly/3hozBd1) released on June 24, 2021 according to the last year’s performance.